FALL 2021 CLASSES
This Fall’s three-day poetry intensive will focus on the performance quality of poetry, with guests Lydia K. Valentine, Tacoma's current Poet Laureate, and poet and “The unofficial poet laureate of South Seattle,” Monique Franklin.
Friday. November 19, 2021: Day 1
- Day 1 will be a virtual mixer where we will meet and greet. There will be LENS Project based poetry activities and explorations of the creation of performed poetry.
- Led by Tacoma Arts Live Staff
Saturday. November 20, 2021: Day 2
- Day 2 will be in person (Studio 1), and will continue with activities centered around creating poetry and different aspects of performance such as projection of voice, movement, musical accompaniment, and other possible elements of performance.
- Led by our first guest artist Monique Franklin and Tacoma Arts Live Staff.
Sunday. November 21, 2021: Day 3
- Day 3 will focus on incorporating learned skills from Days 1 and 2 as well as refining poetic styles and for recitation and/or performance. The intensive will culminate with a poetic sharing and celebration of the students’ works.
- Led by our second guest artist Lydia K. Valentine, Tacoma's current Poet Laureate, and Tacoma Arts Live Staff.
Proof of vaccine OR a negative COVID Test (PCR or rapid test only) written 72 hours of the event time is required for in person classes and events. Masks will be required.
Location: Virtual (Day 1), Studio 1 (Days 2 & 3)
Friday, November 19, 2021 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 20, 2021 from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 21, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 21, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
We are supporting our Conservatory students and families as they return to virtual school and home-based school.
Print at Home Registration or Call 253.346.1721