Front of House Manager
Tacoma Arts Live is looking for a Front of House Manager who will be responsible for the efficient coordination of all Front of House operations and Volunteer management in cooperation with Stage & Production, Box Office and Concessions, while delivering the highest level of customer service and audience enjoyment. This is a part-time position and will typically be 10 hours per week, but can vary depending on the number of scheduled events.
- Serve as the Front of House Manager for Tacoma Arts Live events held either in one of our venues or offsite, normally scheduled but also on an on-call or emergency basis.
- Coordinate with and assist the Events Manager and other day-of Event Team members (Concessions Leads, Stage Crew Members, Volunteer Manager, and Box Office and Marketing staff) on the successful execution of all day-of tasks and details for assigned Tacoma Arts Live events.
- Greet Facility users (patrons, presenters and/or rental clients) in a friendly manner, accommodate their needs, and handle inquiries, requests and dispute resolution.
- Work with the Volunteer Manager in managing the Volunteers during assigned Tacoma Arts Live events. Serve as the liaison between Tacoma Arts Live staff and Volunteers on the day of the event.
- Assess lobby set-up and Front of House for an event pre- and post-performance to determine maintenance, security and cleaning needs, and reporting of concerns and incidences to the appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate with presenters or renters on any merchandise sales for an event.
- Provide event closing file paperwork for all assigned events including actual House counts and staff hours to the Events Manager and other key Event staff.
- Observe and enforce all Front of House policies and safety regulations.
- Attend meetings as necessary.
- Must be 21 or older.
- Have a current WA State Food Handler’s Card, WA State Class 12 alcohol server permit, and CPR certification card, OR be able to obtain them.
- Have at least one year of event management and supervisory experience.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Have computer literacy skills including knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Have proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to handle extended periods of standing, walking, bending and kneeling, including lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to work weekends, evenings, and on an on-call basis.
- Be professional, organized and enjoy working with the public and as part of a team.
About Tacoma Arts Live
Tacoma Arts Live is a leader as a regional performing arts center and non-profit arts organization. On behalf of the City of Tacoma, Tacoma Arts Live manages three theaters: Pantages Theater, Rialto Theater, Theater on the Square plus three studios, Jones office building and a privately owned Tacoma Armory. Tacoma Arts Live is located in the heart of downtown Tacoma and is the jewel of the Historic Theater District, a neighborhood which includes other artistic activities and enterprises. Programs at the Tacoma Arts Live include musicals, theater, comedy, dance, opera, concerts, film, lectures, family shows and other live events performed by touring and community organizations.
Tacoma Arts Live values:
- Openness (staying transparent and eager to collaborate)
- Joy (celebrating our humanity)
- Courage (smart risk-taking, learning, changing)
- Diversity (reflecting our community onstage and off)
- Inclusiveness (inviting broad access, building strong relationships)
- Stewardship (honoring the legacy we inherit, nurturing the future)
We are committed to supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment, and to fostering creativity, excellence and collaboration. We honor and value the dignity of all individuals, and want all qualified individuals to apply for our positions.